Wakamatsu Castle Tower (Tsuruga Castle)
Wakamatsu Castle Tower (Tsuruga Castle)

Apr.

The castle was constructed in 1384 by Ashina Naomori as a traditional Japanese building, and the castle tower was later built in 1590 by Gamo Ujisato after his transfer to Aizu. He officially named it "Tsuruga Castle". Its castle lords had tried to expand the castle in subsequent years, but it was unfortunately torn down during the Meiji period (1868 - 1912). The current castle tower was reconstructed in 1965. In spring of 2011, the castle underwent renovation to return the roof tiles to the original red ones from the Bakumatsu period (1853 - 1867). In spring, the sight of the cherry blossoms falling to the ground adds on to the beauty of the castle.

  • Address

    1-1 Otemachi, Aizuwakamatsu, Fukushima

    Local map

  • Entry fee

    -

  • Opening Hours

    8:30 - 17:00 (Last admission at 16:30)

  • Closed

    -

  • Website

    http://www.tsurugajo.com/language/eng/

  • Best Season

    All year

  • Point

    -

  • Nearest Station/IC Access

    20 minutes from JR Aizuwakamatsu Station.

    15 minutes from Aizuwakamatsu IC on Ban-etsu Expressway.

Spot location

Open larger map

Other spots near Wakamatsu Castle Tower (Tsuruga Castle)Within 50 km

Open map

キーワード

See all Latest articles

See all

Contact Us


This month's top destinations

Recommended destinations (May. to Jun.)

Introduction of Japan's national parks